Enable Compression on Remote Port?

Peter Wicks (pwicks)

When I have a Remote Process Group and I view its Remote Ports I can see that all my ports show “Compressed” as No.  How can I change this so that the ports use compression?

Re: Enable Compression on Remote Port?

Andrew Grande

Disable transmission on RPG, go into the ports view again. Now, you should be able to modify settings like compression, concurrent threads and security on ports.

Andrew

When I have a Remote Process Group and I view its Remote Ports I can see that all my ports show “Compressed” as No.  How can I change this so that the ports use compression?

RE: Enable Compression on Remote Port?

Peter Wicks (pwicks)

Andrew, that did enable the option, but when I change it to Compressed and save I get the error, “Unable to find remote process group with id '01571036-21a9-139e-ce64-52eca7af6646'”.  This is very odd since this is a working connection…

Thanks,

  Peter

Disable transmission on RPG, go into the ports view again. Now, you should be able to modify settings like compression, concurrent threads and security on ports.

Andrew

When I have a Remote Process Group and I view its Remote Ports I can see that all my ports show “Compressed” as No.  How can I change this so that the ports use compression?

Re: Enable Compression on Remote Port?

Matt Gilman
Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the issue you're running into is a known issue in the 1.0.0 release [1]. Are you possibly in a position to run a SNAPSHOT build based off the current state of master. This should have the patch incorporated. Alternatively, the 1.1.0 release candidate should be created soon. We are in the process of closing down the remaining JIRAs assigned to the next release.

Matt

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Peter Wicks (pwicks) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Andrew, that did enable the option, but when I change it to Compressed and save I get the error, “Unable to find remote process group with id '01571036-21a9-139e-ce64-52eca7af6646'”.  This is very odd since this is a working connection…

Thanks,

  Peter

RE: Enable Compression on Remote Port?

Peter Wicks (pwicks)

Thanks Matt, I’m in a position to update, but I’ll probably wait for 1.1 as I already have a Compressor processor hooked up on both ends.

Re: Enable Compression on Remote Port?

Matt Gilman
Good to hear. Again sorry for the inconvenience. Keep an eye out for the 1.1 RC coming shortly!

Matt