Extract the validation details in ValidateRecord

Extract the validation details in ValidateRecord

Jairo Henao
Hi all,

Is there a way to copy into an attribute the details of a validation when it fails using a ValidateRecord?

The only thing I find is related to reporting tasks, which involve a series of extra steps.

The only thing I need is to prepare an email with the details of the failure.

Re: Extract the validation details in ValidateRecord

Chris Sampson
Unfortunately, that's the only way currently with the existing ValidateRecord processor - the details are added to the ROUTE Provenance Event, which you can query via the REST API or (generally better) export via the Site-to-Site Reporting Task.

There was an PR opened a while back to make a change but it went stale after comments were made. I know because we wanted to do the same thing for our own project, so I made some customisations for our project directly (effectively using parts of the aforementioned PRs, accepting the issues raised in the PR comments).

Chris Sampson
IT Consultant

On Fri, 1 May 2020 at 15:30, Jairo Henao <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a way to copy into an attribute the details of a validation when it fails using a ValidateRecord?

The only thing I find is related to reporting tasks, which involve a series of extra steps.

The only thing I need is to prepare an email with the details of the failure.

Re: Extract the validation details in ValidateRecord

Jairo Henao
Thanks Cris,

It would be great if the ValidateRecord had a configuration parameter where you define the name of the attribute to save the details.

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 10:12 AM Chris Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Saludos

Jairo Henao

Chat Skype: jairo.henao.05