How to upgrade custom nar version

Etienne Jouvin
Hello all.

Imagine I have a custom nar, with custom processors, installed in version 1.0.
Then I release a new version 1.1.
How do I migrate existing processes to take the new version 1.1 ?
Should I delete the nar in version 1.0 and just push the 1.1 ?
Should I go to each process ?

In fact, there is like NiFi upgrade, but for now I did not see how to update all process with a new version.

Regards

Etienne Jouvin

Re: How to upgrade custom nar version

Bryan Bende
If you don't need to run processors from 1.0 and 1.1 at the same time, then you can stop NiFi and remove the old NAR and add the new one, then start again, and all the existing processors would be auto-upgraded.

If you need some on 1.0 and some on 1.1, you can add the 1.1 NAR to the lib directory and restart, or to the auto-load directory which does not require a restart, but requires a hard refresh of the UI. Then you go to each processor from 1.0 and right-click and select "Change Version" and pick 1.1.

There is currently no bulk upgrade for processors, but would be a nice future enhancement.

Etienne Jouvin