How to use Confluent schema-registry with Publish/ConsumeKafka_2_0?

How to use Confluent schema-registry with Publish/ConsumeKafka_2_0?

David Hoffer
We are using the standard PublishKafka_2_0 and ConsumeKafka_2_0 NiFi processors but we would now like to use Confluent/Kafka schema-registry as well.  How can I integrate this with these or other processors?

Thanks,
-Dave

Re: How to use Confluent schema-registry with Publish/ConsumeKafka_2_0?

Bryan Bende
Hello,

In your record readers/writer you need to use a Schema Access Strategy that uses a Schema Registry, like "Schema by Name" or in your case "Confluent Content-Encoded Schema Reference", which then goes to whichever schema registry is configured and asks for the schema with the given name or id. In your case you would setup a Confluent Schema Registry services and select that in your record reader/writer.

Thanks,

Bryan