Move flow into process group

Banias H
Hi,

I am still fairly new to Nifi and as my Nifi flow grows, I would like to create process groups and place some of the flows into them.

Is it possible to move flow into process group without losing its state?

My flow has gone through so many files already. If I save the flow as template and deploy the flow inside the process group, it will start from the beginning. I would appreciate if there is a good way to move the flow and its state into a process group.

Thanks,
BH

Re: Move flow into process group

Matt Gilman
BH,

You should be able to select the components in question and dragging and dropping them into the desired Process Group. You can select the components by holding down Shift and clicking on each one. Another option is to use a selection box by clicking and dragging on the canvas. You should see a gray dotted box drawn. Once you let go, it will automatically select all components within your box. At that point, you should be able to click on one of the selected components and drag them all into a Process Group. As you hover over the Process Group you should see a blue border indicating a valid drop target.

Matt

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Banias H <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am still fairly new to Nifi and as my Nifi flow grows, I would like to create process groups and place some of the flows into them.

Is it possible to move flow into process group without losing its state?

My flow has gone through so many files already. If I save the flow as template and deploy the flow inside the process group, it will start from the beginning. I would appreciate if there is a good way to move the flow and its state into a process group.

Thanks,
BH

Re: Move flow into process group

Pierre Villard
Hi Banias,

By selecting a workflow you want to move, you can click and drag your selection in a process group. You can also (right click on your selection) move your selection to the parent group. This will keep the state unchanged.

To make a selection, Shit + click to draw a rectangle over your flow (don't forget to include the relationships in your selection).

Hope this helps.

BH

Re: Move flow into process group

PeterEttery
Good day -

I'm busy getting to grips with Nifi, using v1.11.4, and would like to move
some processors into a group.

I can select the processors on the canvas, but can't get them into a group:

1) The "Group" button on the "Operate" window (which is captioned "Multiple
components selected") is disabled
2) I created a Process Group and tried to drag the processors onto it, but
in never "captures" the drag/drop

All processors are stopped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Peter

Sent from: http://apache-nifi-users-list.2361937.n4.nabble.com/

Sent from: http://apache-nifi-users-list.2361937.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Move flow into process group

Mark Payne
Peter,

To move a selection of processors into a group, the selection must be self-contained. That means that any connections into or out of those Processors must also be selected. If you’re not able to group them or move them into an existing group, its means that the selection is not disjoint/self-contained.

Thanks
-Mark