NiFi 1.0.0 canvas background

Russell Bateman
Now that I'm working in the 1.x world, there's no way I can restore the nice, light grid from 0.x to 1.x in place of the heavy, dull "fabric" background of the canvas in the new version, is there?

I've Googled and prowled around the interface with no success.

Also, wasn't there a way to align rectangles? I thought I remembered seeing that in 0.x, but couldn't find how to do it there or in 1.x. Maybe I was having a LibreOffice Draw-inspired dream or something.

Thanks,

Russ

Re: NiFi 1.0.0 canvas background

Andrew Grande

Hi Russ,

Alignment or any snapping to a grid wasn't there before, but that would be a very welcome feature, I agree.

Regarding the background, I personally didn't notice a change, isn't it the same?

Andrew

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016, 3:14 PM Russell Bateman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now that I'm working in the 1.x world, there's no way I can restore the nice, light grid from 0.x to 1.x in place of the heavy, dull "fabric" background of the canvas in the new version, is there?

I've Googled and prowled around the interface with no success.

Also, wasn't there a way to align rectangles? I thought I remembered seeing that in 0.x, but couldn't find how to do it there or in 1.x. Maybe I was having a LibreOffice Draw-inspired dream or something.

Thanks,

Russ

Re: NiFi 1.0.0 canvas background

Matt Gilman
Russ,

There is no way to change the background color. You'd have to fork the codebase and update the style for the canvas-container. I believe previously this was implemented with a repeating background image and is now implemented with CSS. I also thought the change was subtle.

There has been discussion about implementing an align feature but it's not something that's been done yet. There is a JIRA that was created awhile back [1].

Matt

Russ

Re: NiFi 1.0.0 canvas background

Russell Bateman
Am I just living in a different 'verse than the rest of y'all? Here's what I see in NiFi 0.7.1:

while in NiFi 1.0.0, I see:

I'm running both in Firefox on Fedora 22 with a Cinnamon desktop.

Russ

On 11/15/2016 01:30 PM, Matt Gilman wrote:
[...]

After upgrading to Firefox 47.0, the heavy background has disappeared replaced by a pure white background (that is, with no grid). That's much better, I think, than what I had seen there (which was an artifact of an obsolete version of Firefox, it would appear). And I'm relieved.

It seems to me, based on my admittedly scanty knowledge of AngularJS, but pretty decent CSS knowledge, that it's nevertheless possible to surface some
background-image setting in a configuration source open to modification by us. But, I'm also sure you've thought about this and have your reasons.

Thanks,

Russ