Nifi doesn't work behind reverse proxy

Raviteja Lokineni
Hi all,

I was trying to configure a Nifi instance under Apache HTTPD reverse proxy. So I have set the following property: nifi.web.http.port.forwarding=80 but the nifi api still tries to communicate over 8080. Am I missing something?

Version: 1.3.0

Raviteja Lokineni | Business Intelligence Developer
TD Ameritrade

Re: Nifi doesn't work behind reverse proxy

Raviteja Lokineni
Hi all,

This is what I used in httpd/conf.d/nifi.conf to resolve the problem:

ProxyPass        / http://<host/ip>:8080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://<host/ip>:8080/

RequestHeader add X-ProxyScheme "http"
RequestHeader add X-ProxyHost "<host/ip>"
RequestHeader add X-ProxyPort "80"
RequestHeader add X-ProxyContextPath "/"

I wasted sometime searching for a fix. Honestly this should be part of deployment guide in the documentation

Thanks,

--
Raviteja Lokineni | Business Intelligence Developer
TD Ameritrade

Re: Nifi doesn't work behind reverse proxy

Raviteja Lokineni
Hi all,

Need your help one more time, I am trying to reverse proxy to nifi instance like below:

Test 1:
public-ip/pipeline -> http://nifi-host:8080

This gives me a error to use /nifi when accessing public-ip/pipeline

Test 2:
public-ip/pipeline -> http://nifi-host:8080/nifi
public-ip/nifi-docs -> http://nifi-host:8080/nifi-docs
public-ip/nifi-api -> http://nifi-host:8080/nifi-api

This redirects public-ip/pipeline to public-ip/nifi

I am stuck trying to figure out all the proxies that nifi needs. Someone please help me out.

Thanks,