Processor setup - Outbound Proxy Config

White, Daniel

Confidential

Hi All,

The project I’m working on needs to configure a processor to connect to an external data source via our corporate proxy.

How do we configure the outbound proxy within Nifi?

thanks

Dan White
Lead Technical Architect
Legal & General Investment Management
One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA
Tel: +44 203 124 4048

Mob: +44 7980 027 656

www.lgim.com

This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please do not disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please reply and tell us and then delete it. Should you wish to communicate with us by e-mail we cannot guarantee the security of any data outside our own computer systems.

Any information contained in this message may be subject to applicable terms and conditions and must not be construed as giving investment advice within or outside the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland.

Telephone Conversations may be recorded for your protection and to ensure quality of service

Legal & General Investment Management Limited (no 2091894), LGIM Real Assets (Operator) Limited (no 05522016), LGIM (International) Limited (no 7716001) Legal & General Unit Trust Managers (no 1009418), GO ETF Solutions LLP (OC329482) and LGIM Corporate Director Limited (no 7105051) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. All are registered in England & Wales with a registered office at One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA

Legal & General Assurance (Pensions Management) Limited (no 1006112) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. It is registered in England & Wales with a registered office at One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA.

Legal & General Property Limited (no 2091897) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activities. It is registered in England & Wales with a registered office at One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA.

LGIM Managers (Europe) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland (C173733). It is registered in the Republic of Ireland (no 609677) with a registered office at 33/34 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, D02 XK09.

Legal & General Group PLC, Registered Office One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA.

Registered in England no: 1417162

**** This email has come from the internet and has been scanned for all viruses and potentially offensive content by Messagelabs on behalf of Legal & General ****

Re: Processor setup - Outbound Proxy Config

Andy LoPresto
Hi Dan,

There are a number of ways a NiFi instance can interact with a proxy service. Rather than deploying behind a reverse proxy or load balancer, it sounds like your use case is for an outgoing request to a specific external service to make use of a proxy. Without knowing what specific processor you’re using, it’s difficult to answer with any specificity.

For example, using InvokeHTTP [1], you can configure the proxy settings directly in the processor properties, or configure a StandardProxyConfigurationService [2] controller service once and reference those same values in multiple processor instances.

If you can provide more concrete information, we may have additional suggestions. Hopefully this helps.

Andy LoPresto
He/Him
PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69