Reload authorizers.xml file at runtime

kumar r
Hi,

I want to reload initial admin identity configuration at runtime. Is there any option to achieve this.

Consider the case,
If i have configured NiFi in secure mode using Kerberos and doesn't provided "Initial Admin". So i cannot login into NiFi with any user. I want to update the admin configuration in authorizers.xml after NiFi started and reload the file in runtime.
How can i achieve this?

Give me a solution or idea to make it succeeded.

Thanks,
Kumar

Re: Reload authorizers.xml file at runtime

Matt Gilman
Kumar,

The seeding for the Initial Admin and Node Identities are performed at startup and only when there are no existing users/policies in place. You'll need to provide an Initial Admin when securing the instance so there is a user that can manage users/policies [1]. The seeding only happens during the initial configuration. Following that, the users/policies are managed through the application via the UI or REST API. Re-seeding on subsequent start ups does not happen as Initial Admin during the initial configuration may not be the same that is actively managed through the application.

Matt

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 1:30 AM, kumar r <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I want to reload initial admin identity configuration at runtime. Is there any option to achieve this.

Consider the case,
If i have configured NiFi in secure mode using Kerberos and doesn't provided "Initial Admin". So i cannot login into NiFi with any user. I want to update the admin configuration in authorizers.xml after NiFi started and reload the file in runtime.
How can i achieve this?

Give me a solution or idea to make it succeeded.

Thanks,
Kumar

Re: Reload authorizers.xml file at runtime

kumar r
Hi Matt,

Thank you for the response.

Is there any alternate solution to achieve this?

Also please look at my another stack overflow question
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45346902/multiple-initial-admin-or-initial-admin-group

Thanks,
Kumar

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 6:57 PM, Matt Gilman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

There is no alternative solution. During your initial configuration, you need to define the admin user. See your SO question for answers to those questions.

Thanks

Matt