Setting global parameters / variables

Hesselmann, Brian

Hi,

I'm looking into converting from variables to parameters. The problem is, I have defined some variables on the root canvas that are used in many of the existing (sub) Process Groups.

For example: One of our Nifi instances needs to write to a certain location on the file system. Many flows write to the same location, so defining this location once, to be reused many times, is very useful. At the moment this only seems possible with variables.

Is there a way to set parameters to a global context or inherit parameters between contexts?

Best,

Brian

Re: Setting global parameters / variables

Bryan Bende
I believe there was an idea to make composable parameter contexts, but unfortunately it is not implemented yet.

Currently you'd have to have the same parameter duplicated in each parameter context, or I guess leave a few global things as variables.