Triggered fetching of multiple files from FTP - how?

Triggered fetching of multiple files from FTP - how?

Luca Giovannini

Hi All,

I am writing for ask for ideas and suggestion on this topic: I have to fetch all the .XML files that are present in a given FTP folder (and subfolders) and I have to fetch them only if a certain event happens.

Therefore I cannot use the GetFTP processor because it doesn’t allow to be triggered by an incoming flowfile.

And I cannot use the FetchFTP either because I don’t know the names of the files.

Any suggestions on how else I can do it?

Thank you very much,

Luca

Luca Giovannini
Information Systems Analyst
Dedagroup Public Services

www.linkedin.com/in/lucagio/

T +39.051.278.928 | M +39.347.799.3183 | VoIP 951.128
Dedagroup Public Services Srl – Sede di Casalecchio di Reno, Via del Lavoro 67

www.dedagroup.it/public-services

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne e' vietata la diffusione in qualsiasi modo o forma. Qualora Lei non fosse la persona destinataria del presente messaggio, La invitiamo a non diffonderlo e ad eliminarlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information included in this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the correct recipient, you are kindly requested to notify the sender immediately, to cancel it and not to disclose the contents to any other person.

AW: Triggered fetching of multiple files from FTP - how?

Dobbernack, Harald (Key-Work)

Hi,

you can use a listftp to know the filenames and then trigger fetchfile via wait processor as soon as it’s ok to fetch them….

Kind Regards

harald

[...]

Harald Dobbernack

Key-Work Consulting GmbH | Kriegsstr. 100 | 76133 | Karlsruhe | Germany | www.key-work.de | Datenschutz
Fon: +49-721-78203-264 | E-Mail: [hidden email] | Fax: +49-721-78203-10

Key-Work Consulting GmbH, Karlsruhe, HRB 108695, HRG Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Andreas Stappert, Tobin Wotring

R: Triggered fetching of multiple files from FTP - how?

Luca Giovannini

Thank you, Harald.

I ended up solving my problem with an ExecuteScript in Python that does the listing on demand and can be triggered by a flowfile.